Our NPQ programme for October 2022 is now full, and we are welcoming applications for cohort 2b which will start in February 2023.
The reformed National Professional Qualifications came into effect in September 2021. They have been developed in consultation with an expert advisory group from across the education system. The changes to NPQs build on the evidence and expert advice already established in the new core content framework for Initial Teacher Training, and the Early Career Framework (ECF). The content frameworks have been used as the basis for delivering each course and set out the things that participants should know and be able to do after completing an NPQ. They reflect the Teachers’ standards and Headteachers’ standards to ensure coherency with the requirements already used by the teaching profession.
NPQs available with One Cumbria for February 2023:
- Specialist NPQ in Leading Teaching
- Specialist NPQ in Leading Behaviour and Culture
- Specialist NPQ in Leading Teacher Development*
- Specialist NPQ in Leading Literacy
- National Professional Qualification for Senior Leadership (NPQSL)
- National Professional Qualification for Headship (NPQH)
- National Professional Qualification for Executive Leadership (NPQEL)
- National Professional Qualification for Early Years Leadership
* This NPQ can be delivered for all our ITT and ECT mentors but more than that our vision is to have at least one person in every school or every cluster of small schools with this NPQ. They will also be the vanguard of One Cumbria, sharing all the latest information on professional development, opportunities for training and jobs. Find our more about our courses in our NPQ brochure or watch this video.
We also have an Early Headship Coaching Offer available. This is a targeted package of additional support tailored to the needs of headteachers new to the role of headship. You can find out more about this here or to apply for this support, please click the application form below.