Initial Teacher Training
High quality training that shapes brilliant teachers
We’re working in partnership with Teach First to deliver a School Centred Initial Teacher Training (SCITT) programme.
Our one-year programme involves a powerful mix of self-directed study, live training and one-to-one support. And at the end of it, you’ll be awarded qualified teacher status (QTS) and gain your PGCE.
Benefits from training with One Cumbria
Our ITT partnership is firmly rooted in carefully planned and nurtured existing relationships and recognition, and has as its aim an opportunity to make our county the best place in the country to train as a teacher over a complete career path, from ITT to National Professional Qualification – a genuine ‘Golden Thread’.
Our programme has been developed in partnership with Teach First to ensure the highest quality training for your trainees and mentors.
Teach First is a charity that develops teachers and school leaders and supports schools facing the toughest challenges. They have been training teachers for 20 years and are the largest Initial Teacher Training provider in the country.
Teach First are committed to driving change in the system by helping all teachers to reach their potential. They have shared expertise from their Ofsted-rated Outstanding Training Programme to develop our high-quality school-centred teacher training programme.
Join our programme and you’ll benefit from:
- a structured one-year programme of training and support
- online and face-to-face training modules
- access to expert training materials
- an experienced mentor
- the opportunity to train in a school local to you
You’ll also benefit from:
- Experience – our training provider, Teach First is the largest Initial Teacher Training provider in the country and has delivered high-quality teacher education for 20 years
- Expertise – evidence and research-led training created by experts in teaching and teacher development
- Hands on – lots of time in schools to practise teaching throughout the course
- Specialist training – subject-specific training to ensure you can build on what you know and make your lessons “come to life” for your pupils
- Qualifications – you’ll receive a PGCE as well as Qualified Teacher Status at the end of the programme
- Being part of the One Cumbria TSH Learning Community, that will cater for your professional needs throughout your teaching career.