National Professional Qualifications
The reformed National Professional Qualifications come in to effect in September 2021. Find out more information about National Professional Qualifications.
They have been developed in consultation with an expert advisory group from across the education system.
The changes to NPQs build on the evidence and expert advice already established in the new core content framework for Initial Teacher Training, and the Early Career Framework (ECF).
The content frameworks set out the things that participants should know and be able to do after completing an NPQ. Providers of NPQs are expected to use these frameworks to design their course.
They reflect the Teachers’ standards and Headteachers’ standards to ensure coherency with the requirements already used by the teaching profession.
- Specialist NPQ in Leading Teaching
- Specialist NPQ in Leading Behaviour and Culture
- Specialist NPQ in Leading Teacher Development*
* This NPQ can be delivered for all our ITT and ECT mentors but more than that our vision is to have at least one person in every school or every cluster of small schools with this NPQ. They will also be the vanguard of One Cumbria, sharing all the latest information on professional development, opportunities for training and jobs.
- National Professional Qualification for Senior Leadership (NPQSL)
- National Professional Qualification for Headship (NPQH)
- National Professional Qualification for Executive Leadership (NPQEL)
Any school or trust can choose to deliver them in their own way with their own partners but the point of One Cumbria is that we deliver a unified suite across the county so there is uniformity in content and delivery to guarantee maximum portability across leadership roles in Cumbria. Additionally, having read everything to do with who we are and how we’re constructed you can be assured that the quality of leadership training with us will ensure portability across the country.
Don’t forget you can always check your total learning journey in our Cumbria Record of Achievement and Growth (CRAG) for more information.